Independent Evaluation is a fast and effective way of resolving Clinical Negligence compensation claims. Patients, families and the bereaved benefit greatly from Independent Evaluation, which is also infinitely kinder than the adversarial Court process.
The health care provider often has an ongoing therapeutic relationship with their patient and would wish to see an early, cost effective and amicable resolution of differences in the interests of the patient, the provider and other patients who depend on the provider’s resources. We work towards a settlement conscious that it is often not only money that is at stake.
We offer highly specialist clinical negligence Evaluators, who have exceptional experience and expertise of the full range of disputes arising from all the main medical specialities including:
- delayed birth and other brain injury cases (hypoxia causing cerebral palsy)
- shoulder dystocia
- delayed diagnosis of cancer
- delayed or misdiagnosis of cauda equina syndrome
- delayed diagnosis of meningitis
- lack of informed consent to treatment
- poorly performed surgery including cosmetic surgery
- mis-prescription of medication
- misdiagnosis of scoliosis
- fatal accident claims arising from medical negligence, including secondary victim claims for relatives in hospital deaths
Each of our Evaluators has been involved in clinical negligence cases for many years, dealing with numerous cases right the way through contested trials and appeals. They are recommended by the directories or otherwise renowned as leaders in this field, due to their huge experienced in assessing and valuing these cases; their ability to predict the correct outcome at trial is second to none.